Thursday, March 10, 2011

Listen Here, Lisa

And after my meltdown of doubt, the one that thought I could actually "accomplish life" without the help of the One who gave it to me, without the strength of arms and friends and family.  The "poor me" of "all alone"--yeah, I'm talking to YOU, Lisa.  Listen up.


First of all, you've got a good horse and the author of your life watches over you.  (I don't have a horse, but if I did, he'd definitely be a good one.)


Listen to this woman who understands what a blessing work is:  "Give your life away in exchange for many lives, give away your blessings to multiply blessings, give away so that many might increase, and do it all for the love of God.  Serve God alone –spend the whole of your one wild and beautiful life investing in many lives — and God simply will not be outdone. God extravagantly pays back everything we give away and exactly in the currency that is not of this world but the one we yearn for: Joy in Him…"  --A.V.


Listen to the offer of chocolate and an hour here or there from a nearby friend who has her own brood to care for, her own home and work.


Listen to your daughter as she takes your hand and eyes light when you say, "I love being around you."  And you know she will remember this in her bones when she faces the other voice that says the opposite.  


Listen to the word:  “put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat!” (Luke 12:37)


Listen to a sister in Christ:  "Kind of makes me think of Peter, stepping out of the boat, not keeping eyes on Jesus, falling, 'immediately' Jesus pulling out, saving, loving..." 


From some random blog I clicked on today:  ...Don't just sit around complaining about how dark it is.  Get up and light a candle... 


The mustard seed and the trumpet.  (Inside joke between God and me.)  I heard this today, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment