Friday, March 4, 2011

Just got off the phone with my little sister

And she's been sick with the flu with 2 kids and trying to manage and she called to tell me she was feeling angry about the fact that we don't talk to each other anymore.  And I agree with her.

This is mad-ness.

There are sisters making phone calls today, and I'm going to listen.

That gentle tug that's been growing for the last couple of weeks:  call them.

I am done with the busylifenolife sickness.  It's not that I plan to do less.  I plan to do more.  A lot more than I've been doing with my selfabsorbed task minded somnambulistic approach to avoiding the things that really hurt like sometimes I am alone, and sometimes I don't want to be.  And that's when a sister calls. And sometimes she's alone and she doesn't want to be.

This is my sister support-slowing down-pressing in-growing up-promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment