Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My New Bathtub is in the Back of the Pickup

Mom and Mike took a good chunk of their day today to drive us out to Menard's, hunting down all the parts and pieces I'll need to install a bathtub at the pig farm.  (The original tub was replaced with a walk-in shower for Merle and Ila in their later years there.)  At one point, I got separated from my "peeps" in the middle of all those aisles, probably dazzled by the sparkly faucets.  I wandered a bit, tired perhaps, and suddenly panicked:  How terrifying it would be to suddenly be alone here in the middle of all these building supplies.  Lost.  Doing it alone.  And what if this was like my life?  What if no one was there?

I don't really know how to say this enough, with enough emphasis:  I am okay because of all the good, loving people in my life, how they do God's loving, helping, a hand extended.  I am leaning on you, brothers and sisters.  And you can lean this way, too.

Love,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are beautiful. And loving. Lean anytime.

    And thank you for being there to lean on. Sometimes it's hard to stand alone.

    And shiny things can be highly distracting, indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that, Sister! Lately I think we all should try more leaning and less standing.

    ReplyDelete