Monday, November 28, 2011

I've Got this One (Not!) or How to Be Thankful Despite Yourself

Paul reminds us to give thanks in all circumstances.

For mornings with Nora doing our Bible study together.

Making Christmas presents in our pajamas.

Chocolate Oatmeal cookies and the "delightful smell of baking"  (Nora has a way with words...) in preparation for Mom's open house this weekend.

For the IT department at Concordia and their assurance that I didn't ruin everything (and I imagined EVERYTHING including the laptop and possibly every top secret document the FBI has on file) because of the virus that appeared on my school laptop.

For the chance to take my anxiety about the little things to God and His answer.

Understanding that I can't do it all, and that believing that I can creates anxiety.  THIS is the day the Lord has made.  Let us REJOICE and be GLAD in it.  Notice how He doesn't say, Let us WORRY about everything and feel OVERWHELMED by it.

For Nora who responded to my audible sighing and pacing with a hug and a little whisper in my ear:  Hakuna Matata.

1 comment:

  1. I read this aloud to my husband, and he, like I, laughed out loud at the last line. Your daughter is such a gift from God, and a riot to boot! :D

    Thank you for this. It's so encouraging to know that others sometimes struggle with trust, too, but God's words to you apply to me as well. SO needed to hear this today. <3

    ReplyDelete