Sunday, November 6, 2011

Books, Books, and More Books

1.  Due to an accidental purchase on Amazon, I am now the proud owner of a copy of Country Living, a gargantuan encyclopedia of all things country ranging from hatching chickens to candle making, driving a tractor to pinching a penny.  I'm sure there's a recipe for biscuits and gravy in there, too.

2.  I just finished The Reluctant Pilgrim by Enuma Okoro.  I feel disciplined by this book as a worshipper and a writer.  That's all I'll say for the time being.

3.  I'm also looking at a couple of books I'm planning on digging into next gardening season (sorry for the sad pun):  Vertical Gardening and the Square Foot Gardener.  While cleaning up the garden today, I was going through the kind of inventory most gardeners go through at the end of the season, each item starting with the words, "Next year, I'm going to..."  I had to laugh at myself when I pulled up my drip line, the one I was so proud of and the one that didn't work, only to find that I hadn't attached one of the lines to a water source.  In fact, I'd put end plugs on both ends.  Yeah.  That was a good idea.  I wonder if that Country Living book has an entry for this kind of mistake.  No, wait.  That's in that book Barely Alive in the Country.  There's a big difference.

4.  On Nora's reading list tonight:  Pooh's Scavenger Hunt, Clifford and the Leaf Pile, and Read Me a Bible Story.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever checked out paperbackswap.com? I recommened it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, wish I could spell "recommend" right.

    ReplyDelete