Saturday, May 21, 2011

Some Simple Observations

1.  Depending on the color, irises smell like different flavors of kool-aid.

2.  Rhubarb, oh, rhubarb.  What will you be when you grow up?  Crisp and brownies and sauce and jam.

3.  New seeds have been purchased.

4.  Could it be the way a rhubarb plant will store its energy in order to grow again after the long freeze?   That if you strip too many of the stalks, you jeopardize it?  Could this explain it?  How do you tell when you have pulled one stalk too many?  Can you tell?  (I'm talking about people, of course.)

5.  I need new guitar strings.

6.  "This song is so 80's."  Could Nora have become a teenager overnight or is she hanging out with Cyndi Lauper again?  Those two.

7.  Maybe I have just been talking too much in my head.  This servant has an impossibly hard time actually listening.  Motormouthmind.

8.  [                                                                                                ]

9.  If there's one weed I despise, it's bindweed.  Choking, creeping, strangling, snaky.  I'm having a hard time writing tonight.  Bindweed, I'm sure.

10.  We'll try again tomorrow.   Good night, dear adventurers.  Every boat needs to just sit on the shore at times, right?  Just looking out at the water and getting ready to launch.  But not right now.

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I love most about you is your symbolism.

    I really liked seeing all your pictures from Friday's post. I've been thinking of all the people I know who plant during these rains, and praying for peace and endurance.

    ReplyDelete