Let me preface this by saying that I gave birth without any drugs. I know what pain feels like. Today was painful. But before I herd you into the pity pen with me, let me instead recount some of the highlights of the day:
1. As you know, Nora has been on a hamster kick, so in an effort to leave my bed as little as possible today, we sewed a new hamster. Meet Oxnard. He holds onto a sunflower seed when he's afraid. Seeds are great fear deterrents.
2. We watched James and the Giant Peach, which is a completely different movie than I remember it being. I think I can safely say that I finally understand symbolism.
3. Nora fed me some watermelon, and that was nice.
4. I refuse to let Mom come over and take care of me because I don't want her picking this up, but Mike is planning on planting beans right down the road from us tomorrow, so I have a feeling she might just pop in. And I'm not going to lie. I would love that. When I was a kid, she'd do this thing where she'd brush my hair behind my ear over and over again with her finger. It drove me nuts. Unless I was sick. So, just FYI, Mom.
5. And when we made it to bed time, I took a bath hot enough to mean I wouldn't need to shave my legs for a few weeks. And that's always good.