1. Nora's first experience with corn starch and water. We all need a little "weird" "how does it do that" "watch this!" in our lives.
2. Sufjan Stevens. Late nights with headphones, a crochet hook, an (internal) ball of yarn and endless miles of scarves issuing from my fingers. "I'm counting it out, I'm working it out, I'm counting it out inside." He inspired me to buy a banjo and take up the fiber arts again. He helped me count it out. He still does. I like how he's always packing up his recording gear and making albums for his friends. I'd like to do that, too.
3. My cousin Stephi appearing out of nowhere with her proofreading heart, intelligence and an offer to help me look over my application. You know, I didn't even know you could read, Steph. Did you go to school or something? I thought you were still riding ponies and mixing kool-aid. Oh, and you have lettuce breath.
4. Time tomorrow after the new swing (thank you Grandma and Grandpa!) is anchored to dig through the garden. Green beans are here. And I may actually have about 10 pounds of potatoes under all the burnt stems left over from my failed attempt at organic aphid control.
5. Real letters in the mail with tea in them. Gardening magazines. The last movie in the series I've been watching. (And, yes, you got me. It's called "Love Comes Softly" and you can probably catch it on the Hallmark channel. Listen, there's a reason I was hooked on The Waltons when I was seven. This is quality programming, folks, the kind that reminds you how things could be if only your name was John Boy and you lived in the "olden days.")
6. [ ]