1. I feel better (understatement) when I can go outside and play in the dirt and move things from one place to another. Nora's pink cheeks in the sun, dirty hands, digging spoon. Love.
2. It's sun tea time, folks. My liquid intake just went up 60%.
3. Plants sitting out on the front stoop are friends waving goodbye when we leave and hello when we return.
4. My starter plants are off and running. The trees are trimmed. The peonies are mulched. (Thank you, Mom and Mike!) I seriously would have been out there with a steak knife duct taped to a yardstick.
5. I love how the house becomes a sort of thoroughfare between the front door and the back, the screen doors slamming and the world's breath blowing us along. Washing dusty forearms and face in the kitchen sink, standing under the kitchen ceiling fan, a domestic helicopter, with arms outspread.
6. Aprons. Rolled up jeans. Bare feet. Laundry on the line. Farm cats lounging. Birds singing for free. The girl narrating her every imaginative function.
7. [ ]
8. Playing guitar on the back porch to the fields and hogs and garden and girl.