Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mr. Rogers

Sometimes when you are a big person who doesn't have all the answers, listening to Mr. Rogers can help.  I love you, Mr. Rogers.  I always have.  You are joy and gentleness and my neighbor.


“You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, so you need to make choices. And hopefully your choices can come from a deep sense of who you are. ” 
 Fred Rogers

“The kingdom of God is for the broken hearted” 
 Fred Rogers

“If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” 
 Fred Rogers

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” 
 Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers


“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
― Fred Rogers

1 comment:

  1. I love this, because I love Mr. Rogers, too! Freshman year in Experiences in Writing, my final pop culture piece was about Mr. Rogers. I'm feeling happy just thinking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete