Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm really lonely tonight.  It's been a busy week, and I miss Nora.

"My true self needs a soundtrack."  That's what the commercial on Pandora just told me.  Maybe he's right.  Maybe my true self DOES need a soundtrack.  But what?  The Bangles?  Sheila E.?

Earlier I watched a documentary about opera singer Barbara Smith.  She talked about owning the person inside your body THROUGH your body, "Stand tall, girl.  No leaning over."

Yard work tonight:  Gas mower = 0.  Push mower = 1.

Today:  1 loaf banana bread, 3 dozen oatmeal cookies, 10 pints of salsa, 2 loads of laundry.  I'm not a mathematician, but when you add all of that together, you get, like, a really big number.

Our play:  mountain lions who live on piles of pillows climbing to the top to ward off stampedes and wild boars.  Barbies who do laundry and care for sick deer while sending Ken to Orsheln's for rock salt for the soft water system and deer cough syrup.

Telling the big tom cat to move along if he thinks he can bully the kittens.  Staring contest commences.  Tom Cat = 0.  Me = 1.  Kittens = 3.

And I'm bushed.  Night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment