Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Let Me Count the Ways

1.  Grandma, Nora and I spent part of the afternoon watching Little House on the Prairie (the movie).  Already the Hallmark channel has begun to hint at Christmas.  I see pictures of my nieces and nephews playing in the snow today in Colorado.  I wear the big, puffy black coat to the Spur to read fiction pieces.  Did I mention that I love Christmas?  And, yes, the tree is going up November 1st.  With blinking lights, the kind I can stare at for a really long time.

2.  Right now Nora is fascinated with mold.  PBSkids.org's "Sid the Science Kid" game takes a pile of fruit and walks you through two weeks of it decomposing.  When I tried to feed her a banana that had a few brown spots on the skin today, she recoiled in horror, screaming, "Are you trying to kill me!?" 

3.  Mom is working hard to get her pottery inventory stocked for the Christmas season and craft fairs coming up.  I see the finger lines in her pots and think of the Proverbs 31 woman:  "Give her the fruits of her hands and let her works praise her at the gates..."  (The only sales pitch you'll ever see in my blog:  If you are looking for original, totally unique, locally made gifts, my mom's pottery fits that description.  She has a store in York.  You should check it out.  And then you can meet my mom, too.)

4.  I am promising myself a big, fluffy couch with my burnt orange afghan and pajamas and The Unsinkable Molly Brown on the big screen at some point this weekend.  But I'm not going to think about it yet...not quite yet.  And, you know, maybe some baseball, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment