Monday, October 24, 2011

And this is today

"I know now, Lord, why you utter no answer. You are yourself the answer. Before your face questions die away. What other answer would suffice? Only words, words; to be led out to battle against other words." -C.S. Lewis, “Till We Have Faces”

And when I think we could not become more vulnerable, more open, more...in need of His strength, He finds another way to bring me back to Him, and while I kneel here, unsure, unsteady, I submit again because I am not strong, but Christ is.

I wear a corduroy jacket with leather patches on the elbows to the phone interview.  There were many ways my friends' prayers covered me.  This is one.

I found out today that the man who taught my mom pottery and taught me art and math in middle school died while biking in a canyon in Colorado.  I thank him for the gifts of his heart and his knowledge in our lives, and I pray that his wife and family seek God's unmoving presence and know His peace.

I love being a teacher.  Maybe this is one reason it feels like so much is at stake.  God knows my heart and will find a place for it to shine.  All is well.  All is well.  All is well.  Because of His grace alone.  The ending of the story is already written, and what happens between now and then will prepare me to meet Him. 

3 comments: