Thursday, April 26, 2012

Setting


Reveals the character's innermost nature.
Prompts the character to act.
Reveals a larger theme.


Weller 201, brightly lit. 

When the last class is done and I drive west playing loud rock music to the wind, I feel vulnerable.  So I turn up the radio even louder.  And it's starting to work.  Sometimes I think I run a thin line between "informational" and "completely crazy" in the classroom.  But I can't let that stop me.  I love them.  And I just don't have many powerpoint lectures in me.  They just don't seem to apply to the moment.

I couldn't say good bye to them, postponing it until they drop off their final projects next week.  And, yes, I did a little break dancing.  Not the kind I used to pull back in 5th grade.  Not even close.  But, I mean, I'd like to see you break dance in front of YOUR class.  

All you kids with the pumped up kicks, I love you.  

The Garden, Waits.


The wind was scheduled to blow tonight  between 50 and 60 miles per hour.  I locked the seedlings in the shed, and the weekend I would have begun planting will most likely be rained out.  But who knows.  Right now, the wind is gentle, and the seeds are still waiting to be unlocked, their secret spelled in courage and chlorophyll.

Google Maps 


[                                                                                                        ]






1 comment:

  1. I miss the informational and completely crazy!! Hope you're enjoying the summer sunshine!

    ReplyDelete