1. Two fruits of the spirit: patience and kindness, both of which make it possible for every mother in America to get her children to school in the morning.
2. Nora's school: I love St. Paul's Lutheran and what Nora is learning there. Staring out the windows of the front door at her school as I waited for her to get out of class, I thought of all the other schools settled in the middle of corn fields, the sound of children learning to add...
3. An all orange lunch with Nora and Teagan: It wasn't on purpose. On the table: mac n' cheese, tangerines, carrots, pumpkin muffins and corn (okay, corn is yellow, but close enough). Orange is my favorite color. Subconsciously, I must have been trying to let Teagan and Nora know how much I love them.
4. Date night with Mom and Mike: I have to tell you folks, I'm not sure the last time I went "out"--like, as an adult. Chinese food. True Grit (at the movie theatre!) And then they left me about 20 pounds of beef for the deep freeze. They take such good care of me, and I love them.
5. [ : ]
6. "I'll be fine: The author of my life watches over me, and I have a good horse."