1. The new faucet in my bathroom. SO shiny. SO working. I like shiny. I like working.
2. Nora saying goodbye to Grandma last night: "Good night! And a happy new year to you!"
3. My friends and their adventures both internal and external. What this inside does to the outside; what the outside does to the inside. Their courage.
4. Only 6 essays left to grade. Alarm set for 5:30 AM. I feel like I'm running through quicksand and then my mom says, "Don't give up, Lisa." How did she know I was even thinking about giving up? Was it because I couldn't remember how many p's are in appreciate? Did she see the look on my face that said, "You teach at the college level?! How did that happen? God, are you sure you want me to teach? Wouldn't I be safer in sales? Perhaps you aren't aware of my spelling issues. Oh, wait. I suppose you are. Well, all right, God. If you're sure."
5. Two new books in the mail about preserving seeds and feeding your family on a 1/4 acre of land. (I skipped to the chicken nugget and mac n' cheese section, naturally. Looks like I'm going to need some chicken seeds. Eggs. I mean eggs.)
6. The saying, "Don't want to waste your time chewing the cabbage twice."
7. [ ]