Saturday, June 16, 2012

When the Words Won't Come, Just Say Thank You

A daughter who's got you on her mind.  A mother with her daughter on her mind.
Grandma Aanonson's wisdom and humor.
Mom and Mike scaring me at 1 AM at the door and a peace offering the next morning of biscuits and gravy.
A restaurant reservation in Atlanta.
A woman letting go on an airplane dropping all her baggage because she belongs somewhere she feels free.
Wildflowers growing from her hair.
The woman who writes the songs my heart didn't know it was singing.
The laughter and jumping up and down and clapping and pretend punching each other in the arm.
The Author of my life writing a surprise ending better than I imagined.  I continue the Beginning.
Hang on to your hats, kids.  Love isn't done with us yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment